Commitment to Safeguarding Human Rights
Piraeus Bank has adopted the principles of the UN Global Compact and the Declaration of Human Rights. We apply equal opportunity principles to all our actions and we are opposed to any form of discrimination, inequality or human rights violation while, at the same time, we recognize and promote diversity. In addition, all of the Bank’s policies, procedures and human resource management practices are governed by respect for human rights.
The Piraeus Bank Group is opposed to:
- Any form of distinction
- Any form of unequal treatment
- Any form of bullying or mobbing behavior
- Any form of violation of human rights
Aiming to sensitize all employees of the Group, regarding human rights, Piraeus Bank Group provides:
- The “Human Rights” e-learning training program, which is available to all Group employees in Greece and abroad.
- A separate course in the curriculum of the Management Academy.
Piraeus Bank Group, in order to strengthen communication with all employees on human rights issues:
- Has developed a human rights policy & procedure for complaints, regarding the safeguarding of human rights, which is reviewed at regular intervals, based on the developments in the legal framework.
- Has implemented different communication channels including Intranet, through which employees can raise issues of concern to them regarding human rights in the workplace and receive guidance by the specialized partners.