The supreme body of Piraeus Bank is the General Meeting of Shareholders, which elects the Bank's Board of Directors to manage and legally represent it judicially and extra-judicially. The current Board is composed of thirteen Members, including the representative of the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund, in accordance with the provisions of Law 3864/2010, as well as the required as per Greek Law, international experts as Independent Non-Executive Members. The Board of Directors consists of Executive and Non-Executive Members. Executive Members shall be those engaged in the daily management issues of the Bank; Non-Executive Member shall be those entrusted with the promotion of corporate affairs. Eight of the Non-Executive Members shall also be Independent, i.e. they are not in any way dependent on the Bank, as defined by law.
The foremost obligation and duty of the Board Members is to constantly seek to enhance the long-term financial value of the company and advocate the general corporate interest. The Board Members, as well as any third party entrusted with competencies of the Board, are prohibited to pursue own interests contrary to those of the Bank.
The Independent Members of the Board may, severally or jointly, submit different reports and accounts from those of the Board to the ordinary or extraordinary General Meeting of the Bank, as required.
The mandate of the Board of Directors may not exceed three years, in accordance with the provisions in force and its Members are elected at the General Meeting of Shareholders. The latter validates any resignation or replacement of Board Members during any accounting period. The term of the Members of the Board of Directors may be extended until the first Annual General Meeting convened after such term has elapsed. The Members of the Board may always be re-elected and may be freely recalled. The Board of Directors is convoked by its Chairman or his deputy and meets at least once a month at the Bank’s seat, in accordance with the provisions of the Law, as in force, and its discussions and resolutions are recorded in summary in a special book that may also be kept electronically. The Board Members are allowed to receive a fee which is defined by special resolution of the Ordinary General Meeting.
Board of Directors
Non – Executive Chairman of the Board
Vice – Chairman
- Karel De Boeck, father’s name Gerard, Vice Chairman, Independent Non – Executive Member
Executive Board Members
Independent Non – Executive Board Members
- Venetia Kontogouris, father’s name Gerasimos, Independent Non – Executive Member
- Arne Berggren, father’s name Sten, Independent Non – Executive Member
- Enrico Tommaso Cucchiani, father’s name Clemente, Independent Non – Executive Member
- David Hexter, father’s name Richard, Independent Non – Executive Member
- Solomon Berahas, father’s name Richard, Independent Non – Executive Member
- Andrew Panzures, father’s name Deones, Independent Non – Executive Member
- Anne Weatherston, father’s name John, Independent Non – Executive Member
Non – Executive Board Members