Economic activity in Q1-2018 increased but at a slower rate compared to the previous quarters, according to the Flash Estimates. In detail,
- In Albania, real GDP in 2017 increased at a faster rate at 3.8% YoY from 3.4% in 2016. The construction, manufacturing and trade sectors were the main growth drivers.
- In Bulgaria, real GDP in Q1-2018 increased at the same rate as in the previous quarter and specifically at 3.5% YoY.
- In Cyprus, real GDP in Q1-2018 increased at a slower rate at 3.8% from 4.0% in Q4-2017, maintaining however the historic highs of the previous quarters.
- In Romania, real GDP in Q1-2018 increased at a significantly slower rate at 4.2% YoY compared to 6.6% in Q4-2017.
- In Serbia, real GDP in Q1-2018 recovered registering a faster rate at 4.5% YoY compared to 2.5% in Q4-2017.